- Know that you cannot and do not need to fix everything. That includes yourself as well as those around you
- Try to eat foods which “had a mother.” If it was not living recently, and it does not look like it did while it was alive, consider saying “no”
- Accept the peaks and troughs of your emotions. If you feel deliriously happy, let it in and don’t question it. If you feel sad, allow this too, and sit with your grief if necessary
- Learn to love your nose. If it doesn’t work very well, find a breathing educator such as those in the Buteyko Institute and see if you can learn to nose breathe while awake as well as while asleep
- Finally, the greatest thing I ever did for my own emotional health. Join a Men’s Group such as those run by Men’s Well-being.
Dr Dan Hanson is a holistic dentist on the Gold Coast. Furthermore, he is a Buteyko Breathing educator,international lecturer, kite surfing instructor and published writer. He is passionate about using his philosophy of “The 5 Pillars of Health” to achieve balance in both his, and his clients’ lives – The 5 Pillars are – Detoxification, Nutrition, Breathing, Mind-set and Motion.
To learn more about Dr Dan visit www.drdanhanson.com